How Ombuds Can Help
WHAT DOES THE OMBUDSPERSON DO?
The Ombudsperson assists in resolving student fairness issues and in fostering respectful learning and working environments by:
- Providing information about resources, procedures and regulations, and student rights and responsibilities.
- Investigating concerns about the application of rules, policies or procedures affecting students.
- Problem-solving, mediating or facilitating communication.
- Training and coaching (groups or individuals) in the areas of fairness and conflict resolution.
- Recommending changes in procedures or policies affecting students.
- Stimulating discussion at the institutional level.